Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Toast to District Six"
"Still a Reality"

"Evo Morales"

"District Six"



"11B"


This series addresses the importance of integration of different races, cultures, and lifestyles.
I have used the example of the Aparthied in South Africa and how it directly effected the community of District Six in Cape Town. I had the opportuniy to research female printmakers in South Africa where I met Kim Berman and Marjorie Maleka amoung others who directly influenced these prints along with my "Behind the Wire" series.

6 Comments:

Blogger Moe said...

Hi Mags!

I really enjoyed these prints of yours. You can definitely see the influence of South Africa in them even when the theme isn't exactly that.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These prints are amazing Maggie! Truly incredible!!!! Would love to see them in person----they are very powerful!...go girl!

Of course I'm going to have to pick your brain to learn how you created them.

Thanks for the nice words. It was great to see ya today. I enjoyed talking with you while you were aquatinting and stuff.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger DaniL said...

Thanks for checking out the post, Maggie! Pictures definitely make things easier to explain. And I'll probably be saying this again, but...happy birthday =)

p.s.-your new prints rock!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Kylie Parry Studios said...

i always love your work. Happy Birthday!!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Blog Beast! Miss ya! Have a great Thanksgiving break as well!!!! Eat, drink, and be merry.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Moe said...

Maggie May!

It's been since October since you updated this blog! Do you have another blog that I'm not aware of?

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home