Thursday, January 25, 2007

"just jump"
"just jump 2"
"sky dive"
"sky dive 2"
"time"




The content most of my work this semester reflects my experience studying abroad in Australia last year. I spent a semester studying at La Trobe University in Melbourne. By far, the best experience of my life! I learned so much about myself and what I was capable of. I met people from around the world and studied alot of Aboriginal art and culture. I also learned alot about the way I want to live my life. These ideas are reflected in writting, pictures, and Aboriginal symbols in much of my prints. I worked the most with "time" this past semester. I used a clock and messed up the numbers and structure of our everyday lives. Before I went abraod I was stuck to my daily planner, watch, and routine. I didn't leave time to enjoy life and the people in it. I am constantly reminded of these ideas when I make my prints. I am still working on SLOWING DOWN my life... but not my prints!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Powerful images Maggie!...so full of color, energy, life, and expression! You are a woman with passion and optimism and it comes through in your work. It is a really cool thing!

Seeing your work makes me excited to be alive.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Moe said...

SO! My little sister has a blog! And a really nice one at that! I love your paintings and prints, I look forward to seeing more.

Got your letter today and yes, I double-triple pinky swear. Ironically, I was going to go get a pedi this weekend anyhow so THANK YOU! I will take pictures if the little Asian ladies let me.

This is so cool you have a blog. You will have to check out mine and when you are there, check out Shannen's too.

Miss you sis!

-Casey

3:56 PM  
Blogger Shannen said...

Wow, what cool work! And great you have a blog, I'm so excited now I can spy on my lil'ist cousin!

Thanks for checking out mine! I would love to sit down someday and swap Aus-NZ-Fiji travel stories!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Zanna said...

Maggie, I just checked out your blog for the first time and I love the "Just Jump" piece.. do you want to sell it? :) FBook me.
Zanna

9:49 AM  
Blogger KMutch said...

how in the hell do you get those colors? Amazing...simply amazing. Your line work is so expressive-I love these prints!! Looking forward to seeing what else you will create this semester!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home